Date: Feb 8, 2018
Title: Volunteer Coordinator Role
Voluntary Role - Volunteer Coordinator
We need an enthusiastic and motivated individual to identify roles for volunteers to improve our contact with the local community.
Chesham & District Community Association
Charitable Incorporated Organisation Register charity 1168816.
Role title: Volunteer Coordinator
1. Why do you need me?
We need an enthusiastic and motivated individual to identify roles for volunteers to improve our contact with the local community, help in promoting and running events and activities, setting up new activities at The White Hill Centre, and ultimately establishing and supporting a network of active, enthusiastic, motivated volunteers to assist in the running of the White Hill Centre.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Identify roles within the Association for volunteers to complement the existing staff. Recruiting, supporting and briefing volunteers on their roles and providing them with relevant resources to assist their work.
- Liaise with Trustees, staff and other volunteers/members.
- Share best practice.
3. What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Networking skills, Sociable, self-confident, approachable and a good communicator, reliable and honest.
- A good knowledge of the local community desirable (but not essential).
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently but with guidance and support from the staff and Management Committee.
- Clear and polite telephone manner.
- Computer experience essential.
4. What are the goals?
- To grow the number of volunteers involved with C&DCA. To create the feeling of a team through regular communication with volunteers, organising meetings and sharing good practice.
- To raise awareness of the White Hill Centre and increase participation and use of the Centre.
5. How much time should I offer?
- Flexible time commitment depending on what suits you, but you will need to be ideally interested in taking on the role for 12 months.
6. Is there an induction and training?
- Information pack and induction provided to help familiarise you with the work of the Association.
7. What ongoing support/guidance will there be?
- You will be fully supported by the Chair of the Association, staff and Trustees with regular one to ones with your Line Manager throughout the year (the frequency of these will be agreed when you start and reviewed during the year)
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year.
8.Where will I be based?
- At the White Hill Centre but some work can be done at home.
9.Will I need my own transport?
- Not necessarily but access to a vehicle/good transport links would be an advantage.
10. What are the benefits to me?
The benefits this role offers include:
- Meeting and working with new and enthusiastic people across the community.
- Going to local events and learning new skills whilst having fun!
- Adding to your CV
- Getting more involved in and making a real difference to your local community
- Potential to get more involved with C&DCA in areas that suit you.
11. What are the benefits to the Chesham & District Community Association and the White Hill Centre?
- Members of the local community will become more aware of the activities at the White Hill Centre, we will see an increase in attendance and participation to all groups and classes.
- We will see an increase in usage of the Centre by all members of the Community for meetings, parties, talks and other events.
12. Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers’ “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines. Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What’s the next step? Please contact the office 01494 775190 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. For more information about Chesham & District Community Association and the activities at The White Hill Centre please see our website: www.whitehillcentre.org.uk.